Color Blocking is one of the most exciting and refreshing trends this Summer 2011, color blocking craze mixes large swaths of color for an effect that is both stylish and statement-making, a style that would surely make you stand out in the crowd.
|Denim Jacket – GAP, Top – ZARA, Skirt – Cache Cache, Shoes – Matthews, Bag – Hand painted clutch (gift from boyfried), Turban – Forever 21|
My first take on color blocking is pretty simple, I just picked out the clothes that have the loudest and boldest colors in my closet and just started throwing on some accessories. The easiest way to accessorize this trend is to add an accesory or two in a loud and popping color (the cluctch and the turban). To tone down this look, I added the denim jacket and my plain white belt.
The best thing about color blocking trend is that it’s actually versatile (yes, believe it or not), you can easily take your day outfit/work outfit from a simple dinner to a posh cocktail party without all the fuss and still stand out from the crowd.
Few tips on wearing color blocks:
- Make sure the block colors is as bright as possible, Pale colours will look too half-hearted, no matter how much they clash.
- Bright colored pants are a staple in color blocking.
- If you are afraid to go over the top, you can your color blocked bottoms by pairing it with a plain white tee, and just throw on some loud accessories.
- For a more fun look, you can mix color blocks with bold stripes
- For a more sumptous feel, choose rich fabrics like silk, satin and taffeta in bright colors
Remember that color blocking is about having fun and standing out from the crowd, do not be afraid to mix and match colors, the more they clash the better!
Oh, and it’s really hard not to smile in wearing color blocks, try it!